Francine's Golden Fried Rice
Vegan. This is a great way to add lots of veges and use up old rice. Moderately easy. Serves 2.
- 1 cup of cold cooked rice
- 1 cup of vegetables diced (peas, carrots, capsicum, broccoli, the tough part of leafy greens e.g silver beet stalks)
- 1 onion diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Oil to taste
- Salt to taste
1. Break the rice up in a bowl with a fork so all grains are separated.
2. Crack both eggs into the rice and mix well so every grain is coated in raw egg. Put aside for now.
3. Fry onions on high heat in a large nonstick frying pan in small amount of oil till golden.
4. Add vegetables to onions and fry till they just start to soften. Remove everything from the pan into another dish for now.
5. Turn down the heat of the pan and add the egg covered rice with a little more oil.
6. Fry the rice, stirring often, until the egg is cooked.
7. Add the vegetables back in with the soy sauce and stir till combined.
8. Salt to taste and serve