Saucy Mexican tacos full of vegetables. Vegetarian. Difficulty: Seasoned. Serves 2.
- 1 400g can good quality tomatoes
- 1 chili
- 2 cloves of garlic skin on
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 6 whole corn soft tacos
- 100g crumbled fresh feta
- ½ cup sliced cabbage
- ½ avocado
- 2 Tbsp coriander leaves
1. In a small pot dry fry the chili and the garlic gloves until starting to blacken.
2. Remove chili and garlic from pot. Remove skin from garlic and add with the chili to a blender with the tomatoes. Blend to a puree.
3. In same small pot add oil and onion and fry till golden. Add tomato puree mixture and simmer for about 10 minutes. Salt to taste.
4. Pour half the tomato sauce into a plate of a similar size as the tacos with a high lip.
5. Prepare 2 plates for serving by placing a bed of the sliced cabbage on each.
6. Warm tacos in hot dry frying pan one at a time. This should be about 20 seconds each side of the taco.
7. As soon as the taco is warm dip the taco into the tomato sauce on both sides to evenly cover it in sauce. Place the taco on top of shredded cabbage.
8. Fill taco with 1 T of feta. Repeat steps 6-8 for all tacos.
9. Top tacos with remaining sauce, avocado, feta, and coriander in that order.